May 4, 2010

70% Off Restaurant.com PROMO and my Anniversary Dinner


Restaurant.com Weekly Promo Offer 300 x 250


Here's a cute story some of you may enjoy.  Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our anniversary. It's been 13 Lucky Years!!! We had plans to eat out at a great local restaurant called Gamble Mills. I knew I had a Restaurant.com $25 gift certificate, so I thought "bonus" we'll have a nice dinner and save some money.

The babysitters arrived and we kissed the kids. We didn't even make it to the end of our street when I semi-yelled "turn around I forgot our Restaurant.com gift certificate!" So, we got back to the house and I told my hubby I would only be 1 minute.

Well, the 1 minute turned into 10 minutes. You see I have this envelope marked "Restaurant.com" that has our printed gift certificates. I swear there was a Gamble Mill one in there. I was wrong - all I saw was Alto's and AutoPort. What?!? So, no worries, it must be in my email and I didn't print it out yet...nope!  What do to, what to do...

First I thought, I'll just buy one right now. The nice thing about Restaurant.com gift certificates is once you get it via email, you can print it out ASAP and use it immediately. But wait, I did NOT want to pay the full price of $10 for a $25 certificate versus last week's promo where I could have paid only $2 for a $25 certificate. I then remembered getting an email from Restaurant.com with their latest promo of 70% off, so $3 for a $25 certificate! PLUS, the latest promo also includes a "$15 Off ProFlowers order." So that's what I did...I paid $3 for a $25 certificate plus it included $15 Off ProFlowers order. It was as simple as placing the order on Restaurant.com, checking my email, and then printing my $25 certificate for Gamble Mill.

Anyways, we could have said forget it and not "waste time" trying to get the certificate so last minute, but why? We weren't pressed for time. Lucky for us it was a Monday might so the Gamble Mill wasn't busy. So, we ended up having dinner a little later than planned, but we saved $22 ($25 minus the $3 spent of the certificate). It pays to be persistent!!! By the way, we had an excellent dinner!

If you want to purchase a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate for 70% off PLUS receive $15 Off a ProFlowers order, then go HERE and use the promo code "MOM" Valid thru 5/9.

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. You can always reprint your coupon if you've misplaced it. Just as long as you haven't used it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina -That's a very good point, but unfortunately for me I couldn't find an email from them that said I recently purchased a GF for Gamble Mills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just listed under My Account-->Manage your account-->view and print certificates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that great tip of checking your acct right on the Restaurant.com site! :)

    ReplyDelete