April 30, 2010

Couponing for Community May 2 - 8


Next week, several coupon bloggers from all over the country will be participating in the event - Couponing for Community May 2 - 8. Thanks to Kaley from Cha Ching on a Shoestring for organizing this.

Couponing for Community is a nationwide event promoted by a group of coupon bloggers who recognize that we have the abilities and resources to impact our communities in a BIG way. We will be giving a portion of our stockpile to a homeless shelter, food pantry, or a friend in need during the week of May 2-8!

Do you have a stockpile?!? Most stockpiles consist of items we got for FREE or for really cheap all because of our ability to match coupons to sales. If you are a couponer who stockpiles, now is the time to dig into your stockpile and GIVE! I know I have plenty of non-perishable items such as boxes of pasta and canned goods to donate.

Your contribution to the week's event doesn't have to be limited to "stockpile" items I mentioned above. It could be anything - clothes, household items, anything you've been meaning to donate. This event is just a reminder to give.

Another EASY way to give is by participating in National Stamp Out Hunger Day on May 8. All you have to do is leave your non-perishable items in a bag next to your mailbox. *I did this last year and plan to do it again this year! Check with your local Post Office to find out if they are participating!

I'd love to know if you are participating. Please leave a comment, send me a message and/or pictures. Check out the event on Facebook HERE. If you a blogger, contact Kaley from Cha Ching on a Shoestring for details on how you can participate!

Together we can all make a difference!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I have participated in the Stamp Out Hunger for years now. What a wonderful way we can help out those less fortunate than us!

    ReplyDelete