March 14, 2010

CVS - I admit it...I still feel like a newbie to all this ECB stuff

I admit it. I still feel like such a CVS newbie.  Well, this is compared to how confident I am when shopping at Giant PA and Wegmans. I know how to work their sales and coupon policies to my advantage. CVS is a whole different story.

Let me start by saying I got my CVS Extracare card about 6 weeks ago. I researched the Ecb (Extra Care Bucks) Deals and went shopping with coupons in hand. (Want to know more about Ecb go check out iheartcvs). I think I made out fairly well.  For the first 4 weeks of being a new "CVS shopper" I went back a few times to spend my Ecb and find more deals. Then I stopped. I was there today after a 2 week absense. I had some Ecb that expired today. I figured I could use it towards one of the following Candy Deal Scenarios below (courtesy of Hip2Save).

Deal Scenario #1:
Buy 4 bags of Hershey’s Easter Kisses or Minis 2/$5
Total = $10
Use 1 $2/3 coupon from the 3/14 SS
Plus, use 1 Hershey’s Kisses $1/1 coupon from the 2/29 issue of All You mag.
Pay $7
Get back a $3Ecb
Final Cost $1 per bag!


Deal Scenario #2:
Buy 2 bags of Starburst Jellybeans 2/$4
Buy 2 bags of Sweet Tarts Jellybeans 2/$4
Buy 2 packages of Peeps 2/$2
Total = $10
Use the $1/2 Starburst coupon from the 3/7 RP
Use the $1/2 Sweet Tarts coupon found here
Pay $8
Get back a $3Ecb
Final Cost $5 for all 6 items!


This is the actual Deal Scenario I did:
Buy 2 bags of Starburst Jellybeans 2/$4
Buy 2 bags of Nestle's Nest Eggs 2.99 each = $5.98
Buy 1 package of Peeps $1
Total = $10.98

Use the $1/2 Starburst coupon from the 3/7 RP
Use the $1/2 Sweet Tarts coupon found here
Pay $8.98
Get back a $3Ecb
Final Cost $5.98 for all 5 items!


* I actually paid $4.98 out of pocket for 5 candy items because I had $4 worth of Ecb. Plus, I got a $3 Ecb. Good deal!


Anyways, since I don't feel like the authority on the ins and outs of CVS, I don't post much about them. I could start posting some highlights I see around the other blogs and provide links to their posts. Let me know if this would be something that interests you.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment