April 30, 2010

Giving Away Your Coupons!!!


Speaking of the end of the month and checking your coupons expiration dates, I did just that last night. I had quite a few that expire today but don't really "need" to buy the items. So on my trip to Giant PA this morning I decided to leave my "soon-to-be expired" coupons next to their items.  Have you ever seen this OR maybe you've done this yourself. I have left coupons on items many times at stores and I have seen others do it. I think it's awesome! I just hope someone is actually taking the coupons and using them.

For example, see the picture of the Oatmeal above and the coupon (which expires today) I left behind. If someone does uses this, they will be getting it for FREE. The coupon I left behind is a $1 off coupon that doubles. That Quaker Oatmeal cost $1.99, so FREE!!!

Or how about this Seventh Generation one? If used (I hope), the person will pay only $0.55!!! OR maybe, you just hand someone a coupon when you see them looking at an item and know they plan to buy it. I've done that a few times also. Earlier this week, I was at Giant PA (yep, again) and saw this nice couple shopping. They had a stack of coupons, a cart full of groceries, and a calculator. Looked like they were determined to save some money. 

They were standing in front of the Campbell's Condensed Soup section with a $0.30/4 coupon. I knew I had a even better/higher value coupon of $1/2 Great For Cooking Condensed Soup coupon. SO, I gave them mine and told them since that particular soup was on sale for $1 and the coupon doubles at our Giant PA, the 2 cans of soup would be FREE!!!

*On a side note: My husband asked me if I gave that couple my "card." Yes, I just got some Happy Clippings "business cards." I have yet to hand one out. I do carry them with me. But, I just couldn't do it. I thought about it, but I guess I am just not aggressive enough in marketing myself or blog. Oh well, the most important thing was I (hopefully) saved them some money by getting them FREE soup! :)

Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm...maybe if I run up to Giant and see if I can get the Quaker Oatmeal coupon...my hubby just told me we ran out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that all the time too! I just left a coupon at Giant the other day for Kuenzler bacon because it was a buy one get one free coupon, but, I didn't need that much bacon and the Giant brand was on sale, so the cheapest option for me was to just spend $3 on Giant bacon instead of $8 for 2 Kuenzler bacons! And- I have picked up left behind coupons before as well thanking the lord for the nice person who chose to leave it there- maybe it was you Debbie!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding coupons at the store!!! I was about to buy some fabric softner, but I had no coupons. Then I found a coupon for a brand I usually do not buy. The brand was cheaper, plus with the coupon I was able to get two bottles for the price of one of my usual brand! I always try and leave coupons for items I won't buy or are about to expire. I also hand people coupons while checking out. If I see they have an item that I know I have plenty of coupons for (ie. diapers) and won't use them all (we're thiiiiiis close to having our 2 yr old fully potty-trained!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Melissa! Hurry to the one on Northland Center NOT College Ave ;)
    Kerri-Maybe you did pick up one of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristina - I love giving away Diaper coupons. I wasn't so into coupons when my twins were in diapers...oh the $$ I would have saved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often leave coupons or hand them to people in line, especially at Michael's. Unfortunately, I never seem to have much luck finding coupons I need!
    P.S. I could've used that oatmeal coupon, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding coupons.. and we leave them behind sometimes too. I hope the store doesn't go collecting them and taking them.

    When were in Michael's a couple weeks ago buying stuff for our wedding and we didn't have coupon, so the woman in front of us gave us one of hers..it made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it's a "free" item I always use the coupon and buy it. I'll pay the tax and donate it to a charity if I'm not going to use it myself. If it's a manufacturer coupon then yes I'll leave it in the store. Because of the sensitive information I will only share printable coupons with close family and friends.

    I work in credit card fraud and have seen too many people taken advantage of by good deeds. Believe it or not printable coupons have a lot of sensitive information and if that coupon is used inappropriately or is falsified it leads back to you. You are then liable and the excuse I left it in the store for someone to use isn't going to work well. Scary thought but something everyone needs to be aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Michael's coupons!

    Amanda - Thanks fmuch for sharing that info.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to do this, too. My friend and I call it being the "coupon fairy." I just hope people use them and aren't just left behind for a worker to have to clean up after me.

    I've also gone up to people and coupon fairy'd them a coupon for something I don't need, but they have.

    ReplyDelete