April 23, 2010

Giveaway: Donation to YMCA and Up to 3 Readers Win $5 Amazon GC


Check who WON HERE!

Next Weekend, April 30 and May 1, I hope to participate in the YMCA of Centre County's ZumbaThon. All proceeds will benefit the Strong Kids Campaign. I LOVE Zumba! It's such a FUN workout! I take a Zumba class at the YMCA twice a week. When I heard about the ZumbaThon I thought "this is a great idea -something fun that's excercise and it's for a good cause."

UPD: Since many have asked what's Zumba all about, here's a video..


So, how can I turn this into a giveaway contest? For every comment made on this post, I will donate $1 to the ZumbaThon! I am NOT asking for any money from you. I am just asking for your comments. The money will be coming from Happy Clippings. Although, I am going to set the maxmum donation to $60. As for the giveaway, read on...

The Giveaway: Up to (3) three $5 Amazon Gift Card Codes.
For every (20) twenty comments, Happy Clippings will give a $5 Amazon Gift Card Code away.

At least 20 comments - 1 Reader will win a $5 Amazon Gift Card Code!
At least 40 comments - 2 Readers will each win a $5 Amazon Gift Card Code!
At least 60 comments - 3 Readers will each win a $5 Amazon Gift Card Code!

NOTE: I am setting the giveaway at a maximum of (3) three $5 Amazon Gift Card Codes to be given away. BUT, please still enter even if it gets past 60 comments because your entry will still be valid for a $5 Amazon Gift Card Code!

The Event: ZumbaThon - There will be four one-hour classes held on both Friday, April 30 and Saturday, May 1, 2010. The cost is $10 per class or $30 for an entire day. All proceeds will benefit the Strong Kids Campaign. SO, I am thinking of paying the "$30 for an entire day" for both Friday and Saturday.

Now, am I going to be doing Zumba all 4 hours each day?!? That's a total of 8 hours of Zumba in 2 days - yikes!!! Ha...most likely NOT but it gives me some flexibility. If you are a local who is interested in doing the ZumbaThon, click HERE to register. There is also some information on Facebook for Friday, April 30 HERE and Saturday, May 1 HERE.

To ENTER to win the $5 Amazon Gift Card Code, leave a Comment on this post about anything. Really anything - how you want the Amazon Gift Card, talk about Zumba, coupons, how much you like Happy Clippings ;) - anything. Just enter. The more entries, the more Gift Cards to be awarded, but most importantly, the more money Happy Clippings will donate to the ZumbaThon which benefits the YMCA of Centre County Strong Kids Campaign.

NOTE: Only (1) entry per person.

You must be a U.S. resident to enter.

Giveaway contest is over on Thursday, April , 29 11PM EST. I will announce the randomly selected winners on the morning of April 30 via a separate post on this blog, facebook and twitter. Please check back to see if you're one of the winners! Winners must contact me by Sunday, May 2, 11PM EST to claim the prize or forfeits and I'll then pick a new winner. Please email me at happyclippings@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Thanks! Now, Go Enter...this is for a GOOD cause! Remember only (1) entry per person.



Share/Save/Bookmark

57 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love your website! Lori groovystruve@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I am posting this in the right spot! I would love to see you doing Zumba- I have heard about it but have never seen it in action! I am so uncoordinated that I think it would not be something I could do!! Have fun Zumba-ing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done Zumba. I've heard of it but don't know exactly what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels good to do good for others--- go you!
    I haven't tried Zumba but hear its a fun way to get fit. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your site recently, and I have been enjoying it! Thanks for doing so many fun giveaways :) I would really like to win this because I am saving up to buy my husband a Wii!

    stephanierosenhahn at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started Zumba a couple months ago and I LOVE it!! I go twice a week and its SO fun!!!! Good luck!!

    tracylynn77 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool idea! Hope you get lots of comments! Amazon rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. I've never heard of Zumba...but am going to look it up. Hoping you get a lot of comments.
    jackievillano at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love an amazon gift card i'm in need of a new bag ! www.bargainfun.net bargainfun1 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would use my Amazon gift card to buy a couple DVDs that I can't find in the stores.
    KRTsharky@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would use my amazon giftcard to get a few CDs I've been wanting.

    disneykayla(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy to hear that other love zumba! So fun! enjoy the zumbathon!

    rosiebud63@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to take a Zumba class

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man! I love zumba! What a great way to raise money.

    4hatsandfrugal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never done zumba, but I've always been interested in trying!

    kspsaves at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet contest! I am so wanting to try this Zumba now. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Amazon. I've been trying to save up enough Amazon gift cards to buy a carseat for my baby who will be needing a front facing one very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm addicted to your website. you've inspired me to dig the coupons out of the bottom of my purse and actually organize and use them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always wanted to try Zumba. Hopefully I'll be able to find a class I can go to soon! Great idea for a giveaway and donation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love me some Zumba! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've always wanted to try Zumba... I don't think I'm brave enough, though!

    gitrecca at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I Zumba at our local Y - Love it!

    plalzb at ntelos dot net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love Zumba, love Amazon.com, and love your blog:) Trifecta

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never heard of Zumba, but will check it out. Love your blog and hoping I'm a winner. Thanks for the opportunity!
    caliblonde1979 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great Idea and what a great cause! Love the YMCA and Happy Clippings! I've only done the one Zumba class, but it was lots of fun. Maybe I'll get to some zumba classes next year when both boys are in preschool.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great idea to donate to a good cause and offer a giveway..
    I like Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the idea of donating to charity for each comment made...what a sweet thing to do. I work for fuel assistance, so I know how much donations can help non-profit agencies. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the YMCA...I take my little one for little programs that are just different and get us to spend some fun time together away from the house and the yard.

    tccsreading (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good luck! Have never done Zumba, but I hear it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this blog! This is a great idea! =)
    a_joyful_song@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great cause! Thanks for donating the money to the Strong Kids campaign. It helps a lot of families! I'd love to see you do all 8 hours of Zumba!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ha, I'd use them to buy the Pokemon Soul Silver Game Guide I've been wanting, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh! Zumba sounds like such fun and I love this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Zumba is new to me, thanks I learned something.Amazon I do know about and love, love your site too, great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm saving up my Amazon gift cards to buy a new keyboard -- I've worn this one out :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
    theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just found your site & like it already. Saving Amazon gcs for a new steam iron. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a great giveaway! Please donate $1 in my honor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love Zumba! What a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the different sections of your website. This is a great giveaway you are doing and amazingly generous!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I LOVE that you're so generous in donating to the ZumbaThon! And I love that I have a chance to win a $5 Amazon.com gift card!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've done zumba! It is a great workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great idea! Love this!

    lauraalberts1984@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love your site, have saved a lot

    brdenton13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a great idea! My son just started a Zumba class this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I would love to win a gift card!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. opps, my e-mail is:

    bettysmailbox777@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I've been wanting to try zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really want to try Zumba!!

    sweetamy999 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Zumba is a great class. My YMCA here in Virginia has it. That room is always packed with ladies. I have never seen a man in there. I am not sure it would be as fun with a man in there.

    ReplyDelete
  50. is a member of the Y but has yet to try Zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Zumba rocks- can't wait to start joining in the Monday night class with you! Way to support your local YMCA through this commentathon ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  52. I keep hearing about Zumba and would love to try it out sometime, it looks fun! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I've never heard of zumba but I think your donation is a wonderful idea! Not that I wouldn't love to have a gift card for amazon, I'm commenting to help your cause!!

    kelly.krewson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love Amazon gc's! Also like your blog, especially the Giant PA matchups!

    frugalathome AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete