March 4, 2010

Recipe Sereies: Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and Coupons!

I want to show you how using coupons to buy basic ingredients in baking and cooking can save you money. Here's a great cookie recipe I have made several times. It has gotten rave reviews by friends and my family loves it! It's made with whole wheat flour, but you would never know it. Read the recipe below and current coupons that match up to the ingredients.


Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar $0.40 off Any one (1) Domino Product from  SmartSource.com
1 cup packed brown sugar $0.40 off Any one (1) Domino Product from  SmartSource.com
2 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat flour $0.75 5lb BAG OR LARGER Gold Medal Whole Wheat Flour coupon from Coupons.com (use zipcode 16803 if you don't see it):
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups oats (rolled or "quick," but not "instant") $1/1 Quaker Oats coupon here or here 
2 cups chocolate chips (12-oz.)  $0.75/1 Nestle Tollhouse Morsels coupon here or $0.50/2 Nestle Tollhouse Morsels coupon here

Preheat the oven to 350F.
-Cream together the butter and the sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the milk and vanilla extract.
-In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat the flour into the sugar mixture until just incorporated.
-Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand.
-Drop about tablespoon of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread. I like to put parchment paper on my cookie sheets. Cookies won't stick and easy clean up. Use $1/1 Reynold's Parchment Paper coupon here

Bake for 10-13 minutes
Makes about 4-5 dozen.

Note: I originally found this recipe online somewhere. I can not remember where.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment