I've been in the mood for some fresh pasta! Why? I keep hearing about this new local place called Fasta & Ravioli Co. Yesterday afternoon while I was searching for coupons and deals to post on here, I saw a tweet (on twitter and apparently this was on their Facebook Fan page also) from Fasta come through "Mention this post and receive a complimentary loaf of Gemelli's Stirato Bread with any purchase today. While supplies last!" WOW, what timing! It was a sign.
I went in their store having really no clue what to expect. The employees were very helpful. I started talking to one of them and mentioned how I read about their "Organic White Wheat Fettuccini Made with King Arthur Organic Wheat Fettucini." He said they were sold out of it but he could make it that night and have it ready for me the next day. Now that IS FRESH pasta!!! I told him I'd order it next week. Turns out I was speaking with the owner, Bob Ricketts! I continued to tell him about the Twitter post. He was excited to tell me I was the first person to mention the post! I left there with some ravioli and a FREE loaf of Gemelli's Stirato Bread.
He proceeded to tell me how he plans to do a special promo where Fasta will give away FREE pounds of pasta to customers who visit their store. He did this for their Grand Opening and by the close of business he ended giving away 229 pounds of pasta!!! Read the great story HERE. There's no set date yet for the free pasta day but be on the lookout for it. It'll be around the time the downtown Farmer's Market opens. I will be sure to let you know as soon as I find out myself.
The 3 Cheese Ravioli from Fasta was sooo delicious. Even though it came from their freezer, after heating it in boiling water for less than 5 minute, it tasted wonderfully FRESH. I can't express enough how good these tasted. And the bread from Gemelli was also yummy. It didn't last a day in our house.
Now, you may be wondering where was the value in all this besides the FREE bread and yummy pasta. Well, let's focus on that second part. I mentioned before in a recent post (here) and in my About tab that "I save money so I can buy the things I love and save for a rainy day." I told my husband since I save SO much money on groceries and household items, it frees up some money for the more expensive food items we don't want to give up. For example, organic produce and now buying fresh pasta occasionally. PLUS, it frees up money to SUPPORT our LOCAL businesses. Fasta is definitely on my list of a local business to support. Fresh yummy pasta!
(Become a Facebook Fan of Fasta & Ravioli Co. to get the latest news and promotions. And while you're there become a Facebook Fan of Happy Clippings)
(For more "Going Local" posts, click HERE)
















No comments:
Post a Comment