March 21, 2010

Best Buy Rewardzone


The following message is brought to you by my husband....I'm kidding...kind of ;)

It may seem a little strange to mention Best Buy when the majority of the Happy Clippings' readers probably don't shop there often. But, I need to mention the benefits of the Best Buy Rewardzone program. I am not a member but my husband is one.  If you are married to a techie/video game geek, raise your hand? Does he like to shop at Best Buy? Even just to look around?

With Best Buy Rewardzone you get about 1 point for every dollar you spend. Points are later redeemed for a Reward Certificate. For example, when you earn 250 points you will get a $5 Reward Certificate. Points can add up fast when you buy big ticket items and then add on DVD, CDs, etc. Plus, you'll get of member-only promotions, offers, and coupons.

As I said above, my husband is the Rewardzone member but that doesn't mean I can't  put my Best Buy purchase towards his card. Just tell them your husband's a member, give them your phone number, and the points are counted! I rarely shop at Best Buy. Only when it's a "certain someone's" birthday or special holiday gift is coming.

For me, this rewards card is useful when DVD and/Blu-Ray purchases are involved. For example, the Toy Story movies are coming out in a Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack this Tuesday, March 23. For the best deal scenarios read HERE and HERE. You'll notice that Best Buy does NOT have the best price advertised, but a here's a little tip - they WILL price match. So, you'll get the best price plus the points towards your Rewardzone card! (NOTE: Please check with your local Best Buy about price matching. I know our State College, PA Best Buy will price match.)

For more details about the program, click HERE.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. My husband, too, has a BestBuy Reward Zone card. We even give our number to his parents when they have big purchases, and they put it towards out account. To that note, Staples has an amazing points program, too. Our favorite part is that they will give you $3 back per inkjet cartridge you turn in. We find ourselves scouring the house for what office supplies we want (not need) just to use up all of our rewards before they expire! We usually stock up on more ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I wasn't the only one! Who else out?

    Terra -LOL about your husband's parents. My husband tried to get my mom to do the same, but now she has her own Rewardzone card -hehe.
    Thank for the Staples mention. We also do their points program. I'll write about that soon.

    ReplyDelete